At the 21th Vietnam Film Festival (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – The 22nd edition of the Vietnam Film Festival will be postponed until November instead of taking place in September as planned, due to the ravages of COVID-19 , Director of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism's Cinematography Department Vi Kien Thanh said on August 3. The opening ceremony is slated for November 19 while the closing and award ceremony will be held four days later. Films seeking participation in the festival must be sent to organisers before August 15. Earlier, the holding of the film festival in Hue city of the central province of Thua Thien-Hue on September 12-16 was approved by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. A panoply of sub-events will be held on the sidelines, notably an exhibition highlighting Thua Thien-Hue province, and an outdoor movie screening combined with an ao dai (traditional long dress) fashion show. The biennial festival honours outstanding works and artists with contributions to the country's cinematography. It also offers chances for insiders to further roll out a project to devise and promote the Vietnam Film Festival in the 2021-30 period./. VNA
- Understanding Ratko Mladic: Film Tells Inside Story of Trial
- Is filming inside the congressman's office a security violation?
- Ten films to watch this May
- Ken Loach leads Cannes Festival line-up
- Manchester International Festival 2019 programme announced
- Richard Curtis and Shappi Khorsandi boost line-up for Suffolk’s INK Festival 2019
- BBC Devon & Cornwall Live: 19 March 2019
- Another break in the Ilan Shor’s file. But what is the reason for postponing the court hearing at the Cahul Court of Appeal?
- TV star Brian Blessed back on home soil for Doncaster Heritage Festival show
- San Nicolas cosponsors congressional bills
COVID-19 forces postponement of 22nd Vietnam Film Festival have 281 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.