Vietnamese archers Nguyen Hoang Phi Vu and Do Thi Anh Nguyet in a training session in Tokyo, Japan (Photo: VNA) Tokyo (VNA) – Vietnamese athletes begin competing at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games on July 23. Archer Do Thi Anh Nguyet was the first Vietnamese athlete to compete at the Games from 9am (local time). This is also the first time that Vietnamese archers have qualified for the global sporting event. The 20-year-old archer is competing against 63 rivals in the women's recurve bow category, which is her forte. On the same day, Nguyen Hoang Phi Vu, another archer of Vietnam, will also start his journey in the men's recurve category. He will also confront 63 rivals in the event. If the total points of the two archers are among the top 16, they will advance to the next round of the mixed team category slated for July 24. In addition, their points are counted at the women's and men's singles. The Vietnamese delegation to the Tokyo Olympics comprises 43 members, including 18 athletes. They will compete in 11 sports, namely swimming, weightlifting, judo, shooting, badminton, boxing, gymnastics, taekwondo, archery, athletics and rowing. The Tokyo 2020 Olympics will take place… Read full this story
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics: Final schedule confirmed
- Olympics: Athletes qualified for Tokyo Games to keep places
- Tokyo 2020: UK Athletics boss Nic Coward wants Olympic and Paralympic Games called off to end stress on all athletes
- Coronavirus: Tokyo 2020 cancellation not on IOC agenda, says Thomas Bach
- Nobody wants to see Olympics held behind closed doors, says Tokyo 2020 spokesman
- COVID-19 Pandemic Prompts Two Major US College Athletic Conferences to Postpone 2020 Football Seasons
- DOJ Says Allowing Transgender Athletes To Compete Against Females Is ‘Fundamentally Unfair’
- Pioneer Athletic Conference To Delay Start Of Fall 2020 Season
- Anatomy of the Giants’ 13-error start to the 2020 season
- Tokyo Olympic coronavirus postponement: How will it affect athletes and training?
Vietnamese athletes start competing at Tokyo 2020 Olympics have 302 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.