Hanoi authorities advised tightening control over waste sources The habit of burning straw is causing smog in Hanoi, affecting the city's environment and people's health. He gave the advice during a virtual workshop themed "Air quality management in Hanoi – pollution source and solution" held on June 30. The workshop was jointly organised by the Centre for Living and Learning for Environment (Live and Learn), the Hanoi Department of Natural Resources (DONRE) and Environment in collaboration with the World Bank in Vietnam. It offered opportunity for domestic and foreign experts, managers, businesses to share effective solutions to improve Hanoi's environment. Regarding fine dust emissions from burning rice straw in the city, Le said in 2021 winter-spring crop the amount of dry straw left in the fields was 1,936 tonnes and up to 43.2 percent of this amount was burned. Pollutants from straw burning can spread through the air, affecting local people who don't live near the burning site, he said, adding that the main polluted area located in the south of Hanoi namely Dai Nghia town (My Duc district), Van Dinh town (Ung Hoa district) and Kim Bai town (Thanh Oai district). "It is necessary to strengthen inspection and supervision… Read full this story
- Nature gets steamrollered by Vietnam’s endless pursuit of tourist money
- Pinkerton: What Trump Might Have Learned from Richard Nixon: Vietnam Then, Iran Now
- Helter Skelter Askew: Why the Story Behind the Manson Family Murders Is Now Full of Holes
- 46 movies to look forward to in 2020
- New Zealand's Women in Power: Where are they now?
- French supermarket mistakenly lists wrong price for TVs, sparking chaos
VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 1 have 273 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.