Since President Rodrigo Duterte has expressed interest in seeking the vice presidency and Vice President Leni Robredo remains a presidential contender until she officially shuts the door to that possibility, not a few have wondered what it would be like if they swapped roles following the 2022 elections. Christian Esguerra asked Robredo about the possible scenario in ANC's After the Fact on Tuesday night, July 20, and if she would treat Duterte the same way he had treated her. She responded, ” Parang poetic justice ‘pag nangyari .” (It would be poetic justice if that happened.) The Vice President, however, stayed true to herself even in a hypothetical situation, quickly adding: "Pero para sa akin, very, very seriously, I will not treat him the way he treated me. Kasi I don't think it's in the best interest of the people na iyong presidente saka vice president nag-aaway .” (But for me, very, very seriously, I will not treat him the way he treated me. Because I don't think it's in the best interest of the people if the president and vice president are fighting.) Robredo once served in Duterte's Cabinet as housing czar, but she resigned in December 2016 after… Read full this story
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte has backflipped on his divorce plans with the US military — why?
- Chandigarh target: 100MW solar power by 2022
- East Baton Rouge School Board to vote on new VP; this member is likely to get nod
- The man who helped end MLB players’ last strike says lockout ‘lurking’ in 2022
- Philippine anti-terrorism law triggers fear of massive rights abuses
- Philippine journalist Maria Ressa arrested again, this time for 'fraud'
- Philippine president approves controversial anti-terror bill
- Journalists like Maria Ressa face death threats and jail for doing their jobs. Facebook must take its share of the blame
- The Latest: UN urges $2.4 billion in aid for war-torn Yemen
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Trump wants schools to reopen, challenged on 'harmless' COVID-19 remark
How will Robredo treat Duterte if he becomes her VP in 2022? have 330 words, post on www.rappler.com at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.