The event was joined by defense ministers of ASEAN members and ASEAN Secretary-General Lim Jock Hoi. The Vietnamese delegation was led by Defense Minister Senior Lieutenant General Phan Van Giang. Speaking at the event, Brunei’s Minister of Defense II Pehin Datu Lailaraja Dato Paduka Seri Haji Awang Halbi bin Haji Md Yussof stressed that the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way ASEAN members cooperate, but at the same time, spurred them to take necessary measures to ensure resilience and readiness prior to challenges. He believed that the defense cooperation among ASEAN countries will be strongly enhanced in the time to come for the sake of mutual benefits, peace and stability in the region. Delegates to the meeting were also briefed on the results of the ASEAN Defense Senior Officials' Meeting (ADSOM) in March 2021, while ratifying related documents proposed by the ADSOM. Also, they discussed the annual organization of the ASEAN Defense Ministers' Meeting Plus (ADMM+). According to Vietnamese Defense Minister Sr. Lt. Gen. Phan Van Giang, the ADMM+ mechanism has provided a great opportunity for ASEAN defense ministers to exchange views on strategic and defense-security issues since it was launched in 2010. Notably, thanks to the mechanism, the practical… Read full this story
- Chinese Defense Minister’s visit to Vietnam contributes to promoting bilateral defense cooperation
- Defense Minister to participate in ADMM and ADMM+ in Philippines
- Cambodian Defense Minister, lawmaker lash out at Singaporean PM’s remarks on Vietnam
- Defense Minister extends Tet wishes to border guards
- Cambodia defense minister pays official visit to Vietnam
- Too early to say Libya ceasefire has collapsed: Turkish defense minister
- Iran says Zarif not attending Davos as its organizers 'changed its agenda'
- Vietnam, Russia reap big fruits in bilateral defense cooperation
- Aramco IPO proceeds to fund Saudi industry, including defense: finance minister
- Overseas Vietnamese an inseparable part of the nation: Party leader
Vietnamese defense minister attends ADMM-15 have 301 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.