Spokesperson for the foreign ministry Lê Thị Thu Hằng. — VNA/VNS Photo HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam resolutely protests all violations of its sovereignty over the Trường Sa (Spratly) archipelago, spokesperson for the foreign ministry Lê Thị Thu Hằng said at the ministry's regular press conference held online on Thursday from Hà Nội. Responding to questions related to the situation in the East Sea (known internationally as the South China Sea), the spokesperson said Vietnamese agencies always keep a close watch on all activities in the Hoàng Sa (Paracel) and Trường Sa archipelagos as well as in Vietnamese waters in the East Sea. Regarding reports that several Chinese vessels had been spotted near Tri Tôn Island in Việt Nam's Trường Sa archipelago, Hằng said Việt Nam has sufficient historical evidence and legal grounds to testify to its sovereignty over Hoàng Sa and Trường Sa in accordance with international law. As a member of the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS 1982), Việt Nam has sovereignty, sovereign rights and jurisdiction over related waters in the East Sea as defined in line with the convention, she said. Commenting on a report that the chief of staff of the… Read full this story
- Vietnam requests China to cease live-fire exercises in Hoang Sa (Paracels)
- Under Ramaphosa, SA can play a vital role in resolving the Gaza crisis
- Facebook wrongly identifies Vietnam’s islands as parts of China
- Vietnam issues ‘marine creatures’ stamp series
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – June 1
- Tropical depression forms in East Vietnam Sea, may become storm
- We must do what Vietnam, Taiwan, China and other Spratly claimants did: Build, build, build
- Is Facebook helping Vietnam’s pro-democracy crackdown?
- Gambia: Swedish Club Profits Over Omar Colley's Italy Switch
- Ethiopia: U.S. Based Omn Television Team in Route to Ethiopia to 'Explore Opportunities' to Open Local Branch Offices
Việt Nam protests all violations of its sovereignty over Trường Sa archipelago have 323 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 11, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.