Washington DC: US President Joe Biden will not attend the upcoming Olympic Games in Tokyo, the White House announced on Monday (June 28). “The president is not planning to attend the games,” White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki told reporters. The Tokyo Olympic Games are due to take place from July 23 until August 8. Despite Biden`s absence, Japan and the US are making arrangements for US first lady Jill Biden to visit Japan for the Tokyo Olympics. Besides attending the opening ceremony, the US first lady is likely to hold a meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga, The Japan Times reported. Earlier, President Biden had expressed his support for Suga`s resolve to hold the games amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Experts have raised concerns that the world`s largest sporting event, which got delayed for a year due to the pandemic, could trigger a fresh wave of the virus. ALSO READ: US carries out air strikes against Iran-backed militia in Iraq and Syria Live TV Zee News App: Read latest news of India and world, bollywood news, business updates, cricket scores, etc. Download the Zee news app now to keep up with daily breaking news and live news event coverage… Read full this story
- Hillary Clinton Eyes Vice President Joe Biden As Her Secretary of State: Report
- Joe Biden Criticizes Trump's Response to Coronavirus Crisis, Says 'White House Is No Place for On-the-Job Training'
- Tokyo Olympic Games events get scaled down by coronavirus concerns
- Tokyo Olympic flame left flickering as virulent ill wind gathers pace
- Aiba stripped of right to run boxing tournament at Tokyo Olympics
- Olyroos miss first chance to qualify for Tokyo Olympics, losing to South Korea 2-0
- Bernie Sanders demands that Joe Biden apologize to 'all the people of color supporting our campaign' after a white Democratic strategist told his co-chair that she didn't have the standing to quote MLK Jr
- White House adopts confident tone after Pelosi signals go on impeachment
- Hillary Clinton tells Jimmy Fallon that Joe Biden is a 'deeply decent person' and the 'opposite of what we have in the White House' as she praises his 'very exciting' Super Tuesday success
- Joe Biden Has a Complicated Record on Public Health Crises
US President Joe Biden to skip Tokyo Olympic games, says White House have 360 words, post on zeenews.india.com at June 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.