Synopsis Even as the second wave subsides, more enquiries have started pouring in, said property brokers and developers. That has meant the share of such farmhouse and luxury properties has gone up substantially in the top end of the property market, said Amit Goyal, CEO-India at Sotheby’s International Realty. Bijwasan and Mehrauli – or Tungarli in Lonavala and the Dona Paula waterfront in Goa – are now much more than just weekend homes for the swish set in Delhi or Mumbai. In Covid-ravaged India, where space in townhouses is a luxury even for the rich, luxury villas and farmhouses – often at locations far from the madding crowd – are drawing affluent city buyers. Even as the second wave subsides, more enquiries have started pouring in, said property brokers and developers. That has meant the share of such farmhouse and luxury properties has gone up substantially in the top end of the property market, said Amit Goyal, CEO-India at Sotheby’s International Realty . "Farmhouses and holiday homes used to contribute 8-9% of the total housing sale before the pandemic. It has increased to 20% now," said Goyal. While farmhouses in Delhi and nearby areas are witnessing greater demand, luxury villas… Read full this story
- Why Mauricio Pochettino's meeting with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy last summer could be crucial to his future now
- Meghan and Harry looking for another luxury home as well as refurbed Windsor pad
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are looking for ANOTHER luxury home – just as they prepare to move into Windsor pad
- The £1.7m ultra modern farmhouse complete with hot tub and priceless views
- Healing homes: luxuriate in the waters of Europe's finest old-style spa towns
- AIDSfree: Bid for a Cyprus sojourn or a box at the Royal Albert Hall in our final appeal auction
- Have a dream break... and help us beat Aids
- Together Gibraltar sets out housing policy
- Country House Tribes: Which country house hotel is right for you?
- From Grown-Up Groover to Free-range Family and Insatiable Instagrammer: Which country house hotel tribe are you?
Pandemic spurs demand for luxury villas, farmhouses have 331 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at June 3, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.