In an interview with the Vietnam News Agency (VNA), Long said the pandemic has been basically controlled in almost all localities. However, the northern provinces of Bac Ninh and Bac Giang should work harder to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Noting that the COVID-19 situation in Bac Giang is developing complicatedly as infections are mostly workers in industrial parks, he lauded the province's efforts in COVID-19 testing with more than 200,000 samples tested. Meanwhile, its neighboring province of Bac Ninh is facing a high risk, the minister said, expressing his hope that with current effective measures, Bac Ninh will well control the situation soon. Explaining the reason why a massive social distancing has not been applied despite a rise in the number of COVID-19 infections, Long said that the policy will be applied with reasonable scales and methods to ensure the prevention of the pandemic from spreading and avoid affecting socio-economic activities of the localities and people's lives. It is the responsibility of local administrations to evaluate the pandemic situation in their localities to make a proper decision, he stressed. Underscoring the significance of COVID-19 testing, Long said that this time, testing on a large scale is being carried out… Read full this story
- Local authorities told to report on land available for social housing projects
- Council tax bills to rise in nine out of 10 English local authorities
- Social care cuts to continue in spite of £1bn boost, English councils say
- The Guardian view on the fall of Kids Company: a social policy morality tale
- Public humiliation: Chechen leader's simple strategy to control social media
- It’ll cost Johnson £14bn to keep his promises on social care. Will Javid pay up?
- What we need is a national social care service
- Three policemen die in clash with locals in Hanoi
- Saigon social support center director demoted after molestation scandal
- Britain told social inequality has created 'public health timebomb'
Localities authorized to decide on social distancing: Minister have 312 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.