HCMC aims at having all of its supermarkets use eco-friendly plastic bags in 2020. (Photo: SGGP) More seriously, the plastic waste amount on Sai Gon River is ranked at the fifth in Vietnam, with approximately 7,500 – 13,000 tonnes per year. This leads to its microplastic quantity being 1,000 times as dense as the one in Seine River in Paris, resulting in destructive effects on the public health. Since plastic products, particularly single-use ones, are so convenient to consumers, no one seems to take into consideration their detrimental impacts on the environment. It is high time the Government collaborated with businesses as well as the community to replace these damaging products with more sustainable ones or at least provide sufficient information about plastic types on each package for consumers to wisely choose suitable merchandise. HCMC People's Committee has, therefore, released a detailed plan for plastic waste management, recycling, and reduction. Accordingly, at the end of 2021, all supermarkets and department stores in the city use eco-friendly packaging instead of popular hard-to-deteriorate plastic bags. Traders in traditional markets are encouraged to reduce plastic bag selection by 50 percent. State agencies and organizations must actively take the lead in limiting and recycling… Read full this story
- Give plastic waste, get attractive gifts
- COVID-19 | Is India prepared to tackle the plastic waste the pandemic produces?
- Blue Planet gift from Theresa May to remind Beijing of plastic waste
- Scientists develop biodegradable flip flops made from ALGAE to help reduce the amount of plastic waste that ends up on seashores and in the oceans
- 16 tips for living with less plastic in kitchen, bathroom, garden and beauty bag
- Conservationists warn Covid waste may result in 'more masks than jellyfish' in the sea
- Ocean plastic pollution: Surface clean-up technology will not solve plastic problem, finds study
- Economic meltdown threatens Europe's war on plastic
- Gov. Edwards expects the Formosa plastics complex permits will survive court challenges
- Discarded plastic buttons turned into colourful art
HCMC determinedly reduces plastic waste have 313 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at June 7, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.