Youngsters donate blood at the 2020 Chủ nhật đỏ (Red Sunday) Blood Donation Festival in Hà Nội. — VNS Photo Thanh Hải HÀ NỘI — Health experts have called on the community to maintain blood donation activities to ensure blood sources for emergency aid and treatment at hospitals on the occasion of World Blood Donor Day (June 14). President of the Việt Nam Red Cross Society and Permanent Deputy Head of the National Steering Committee for Voluntarily Blood Donation Mobilisation, Nguyễn Thị Xuân Thu, said that COVID-19 seriously impacted blood donation mobilisation and collection activities. "On this occasion, we call on those who are healthy enough to donate blood, which is the responsibility and sacred duty of every citizen. I also request the Steering Committees at all levels and relevant authorities to honour and praise typical examples of blood donation and mobilise relatives and friends to participate in blood donation, especially amid the COVID-19 outbreak in the community," said Thu. The appeal was made as blood shortages have occurred across the country due to a decline in blood donors amid the COVID-19 pandemic spreading in many provinces and cities nationwide. "Each unit of blood is valuable as a lifebuoy for the patient. I want each person to… Read full this story
- Breast cancer can be cured if detected early- Expert
- The rock that fell to Earth
- Diary of a concussion
- Katy-area calendar of events
- Rewards for the High Priest of MMR hysteria: Ex-doctor Andrew Wakefield was struck off after his 'science' was debunked - but now he has a millionaire lifestyle with supermodel Elle Macpherson and STILL preaches his dangerous gospel
- From sperm donor to 'Dad': When strangers with shared DNA become a family
- Why is radicalism growing among Indonesian students?
- What Are the Biggest Challenges Technology Must Overcome in the Next 10 Years?
- The Hill's Morning Report - Bipartisan uproar over Trump's Syria move
- Leukaemia drug offers hope of an HIV cure to replace the 'dangerous' stem cell transplant that has rid two patients of the killer virus, researchers claim
Experts call on community to keep donating blood have 338 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 13, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.