Workers and the poor receive free rice from a ‘rice ATM’ in HCM City. — Photo laodong.vn HCM CITY — The HCM City Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs has proposed that the Department of Planning and Investment spend VNĐ230 billion (US$9.97 million) to support freelance workers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. As many as 230,000 freelance workers in HCM City have lost their jobs, have had income reduced, or now have no income since the social distancing period began several weeks ago, according to the Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs. Each worker will receive VNĐ1 million, which will be sourced from the city budget and the Fund for COVID-19 Prevention and Control and other sources, according to the department. To be eligible for the support, freelancers must legally reside in the city, including temporary residence, and must be earning less than the city's near-poverty level during the social distancing period. They include street vendors, retail traders on the streets, people who collect garbage for sale, and lottery ticket sellers; and the self-employed or workers in business households in catering, accommodations, tourism, health care, and others. Eligible participants include freelance workers at places subject to suspension of operations under the direction of the city People's Committee dated May 30 (such as amusement… Read full this story
- Dundee council agrees to spend £40,000 making city a safer place
- Why Liverpool's 'rivalry' with Man City is a one-way street
- Eleven ways to better support 15,000 households hit by benefit reforms
- Coventry City and League One transfer news: Loan deadline day recap
- Call for free parking to save Plymouth city centre
- What Hull shoppers REALLY think about city centre 'Spice zombies'
- This city centre store is closing
- Steph Houghton scores belter for Man City women just days after husband’s Motor Neurone Disease diagnosis
- City's best 11 and Soyuncu's English
- Why Swansea City will be short whatever happens in next 48 hours
City to spend $10m to support freelancers affected by pandemic have 310 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 24, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.