The investors include Shanghai-based venture capital firms Axia8 Ventures, OKEx Blockdream Ventures, and the venture capital fund of cryptocurrency exchange OKEx in Hong Kong. Vietnam-based venture capitalist Megala Ventures and Chinese game developer Animoca Brands have also pitched in. Based in HCMC, Topebox is the developer of hit games like Pocket Army, Sky Dancer: Free Falling, and King Rivals. It had bagged $1 million in the seed funding round from Singapore's mobile game publisher Habby in April last year. My DeFi Pet is its first blockchain gaming project, which is set to launch globally in mid-May. The game will include decentralized finance (DeFi) and non-fungible token (NFT) features. NFT is a unit of data stored on blockchain that certifies a digital asset to be unique and therefore not interchangeable. Accordingly, players can earn tokens while playing the game, get rewards by participating in the game's events and make profit from selling in-game characters. The Topebox developer team includes experienced game producers from Vietnam's gaming giant VNG and leading global mobile video games developer Gameloft. It aims to have it business appraised and valued at $150 million in the next 3-5 years. Before My DeFi Pet, Vietnam had developed another blockchain… Read full this story
- Vietnamese singers entertain fans with new projects
- This VC fund wants to focus on gaming space exclusively. Will it work?
- Poultry in motion: Untitled Goose Game's creators on how they laid the golden egg
- Skyrim looks like a new game with 300 mods installed
- Q&A: Warner Bros. IE's $500M game deal
- 50 best iPhone and iPad games of 2013
- Why India is still playing catch-up in developing online games
- These video games could give Fortnite a run for its money
- Brazilian gaming company reaches $3 billion valuation with new investment
- Children Of Morta's critter-packed DLC is raising funds for the Humane Society
Vietnamese studio bags $1 mln funding for new blockchain game have 301 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.