The latest report on personal gold investment in Vietnam, conducted in 2020 by the WGC, revealed that nearly 70% of 2,000 surveyed investors gold is their top priority item. About 76% of the respondents agreed the opening of a gold account at a bank and the formalization of the gold market via banks. Though Vietnam has no digital gold market, nearly half of the investors said that they may buy gold on online channels, according to the report. “Investors' interest in gold is great as they believed that gold helps fight inflation and currency fluctuations, making them feel secure in the long term,” the report wrote. “The demand for gold in the country is very strong. When the financial system in the country develops, it will lead to the development of the gold market, increasing the accessibility and confidence in gold,” said Naylor. Despite the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Vietnamese gold retailers outperformed the market, of them in 2020 PNJ’s profit exceeded 29% compared to its planned target. In 2019, Vietnam's consumer demand for gold was about 56.4 tons, ranking first in Southeast Asia.
- S. Korea may overtake China as Vietnam’s top tourism market
- China to become world's largest theme park market by 2020
- EDS hires consumer marketing guru
- Gold set for 2nd weekly rise on trade doubts
- Vietnam export growth brings risk of charge of currency manipulation
- Decade-long bull market heating up again as yearly gain hits 22%
- Vietnam's resurgence and the Park Hang-seo fairy tale
- Vietnam coach, midfielder receive AFF Award nominations
- Asia's next hot spot: Vietnam
- Price for rights to buy Vietnam Airlines shares announced
Vietnam is largest gold consuming market in SEA have 257 words, post on vov.vn at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.