Compared to a decade ago, more and more parents and students choose international schools because of their curriculum, high standards, and educational environment. With many years experience in the educational sector, Barry Sutherland, head of American International School Vietnam (AISVN), recommends specific criteria to evaluate a qualified international school that parents should consider when investing in their children's future, such as teaching program, international accreditation, faculty and facilities. Innovative international education Curriculum is one of the most important criteria when choosing a school, Sutherland said. Many students who study at an international school plan to study abroad after finishing middle school or graduating high school. Therefore, it is an advantage to study a program that is transferable and accepted in many countries around the world. Qualified learning programs help develop a well-rounded student not only in academics but also in essential life skills. Educating students to become global citizens is part of many international schools’ mission. Sutherland said that currently, the gold standard International Baccalaureate Program (IB) is accepted worldwide, and among the top 3 global curriculums. By following IB, students may easily transfer to any highly recognized international schools in Asia, Europe or North America. The teaching program focuses… Read full this story
- Change in Iowa's union bargaining law prompts first shifts in schools
- Mallory Hagan tells Newsweek she is considering legal action over “derogatory” Miss America emails leak
- 20 Things I’ve Googled since moving to the Bay Area
- Non-profit leader who changed lives dies after battle with same type of cancer as McCain
- Youth leader who changed lives dies after battle with same type of cancer as McCain
- Want to be happier? Stop scheduling your free time, study says.
- Riley McCoy, the girl who can’t go out in the sun, might become homecoming queen tonight
- Van life: My 80-square-foot solution to the Bay Area housing crisis
- Readers sound off on gutter politics, St. Patrick’s Day and scams
- Readers sound off on charters, Cuba and buses
Things to consider when choosing an international school have 323 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.