HCM City’s Department of Health is continuing its focus on developing the application of state-of-the-art healthcare techniques at general and specialised hospitals that its counterparts in Asia have also been pursuing. In recent years, many new and advanced medical techniques have helped the city’s health sector obtain significant achievements in treatment and prevention. Sixteen-month-old conjoined twins who were separated by surgery at City Children’s Hospital in HCM City, with their parents and doctors. One of the outstanding achievements was the surgery to separate 16-month-old conjoined twins in July last year by a team of nearly 100 doctors at City Children's Hospital, Children's Hospital 1 and 2, Cho Ray Hospital and others. Success such as this has helped the city consolidate its healthcare brand both nationally and globally. The country's first surgery to separate conjoined twins was performed 33 years ago at Tu Du Hospital when it lacked modern equipment and had to receive assistance from Japan. The surgery at that time set a new milestone for the city’s health sector. Dr Tran Dong A, who was the main surgeon to separate the conjoined twins at Tu Du Hospital in 1988, also took part in the surgery on the 16-month old conjoined twins last year. Speaking at the 10th National Patriotic Emulation Congress, Dr A said that the surgery in July last year to separate the conjoined twins was ranked among the world’s top 10 most complex… Read full this story
- Report: 2016 shaping up to be biggest year yet for digital health funding
- The Mayors Challenge: Sparking Government Innovation In European Cities
- Health Catalyst expanding Salt Lake City HQ
- Win Free Beer and Meat!
- Columbus wins DOT’s Smart City Challenge
- How Columbus, Ohio parlayed $50 million into $500 million for a smart city transportation network
- Cities Cheer Obama's Push for Municipal Broadband
- Columbus, Ohio, region boosts smart mobility research
- Heroes of Health and Fitness
- Microsoft Touts Office 365 Wins, but Customers Want More
HCM City's health sector wins regional, int'l acclaim have 317 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.