A steel factory in Hải Dương Province. Prices of construction materials are rising, affecting many businesses. – VNA Photo Danh Lam HCM CITY – Prices of construction materials such as steel, bricks and sand are recovering post-pandemic, hitting contractors' profits. Cao Văn Hồng, a contractor, told Thanh Niên newspaper that the cost of construction materials had been rising for the last few months. Associate Professor Ngô Trí Long, former rector of the Ministry of Finance’s Price and Market Research Institute, said prices were up by around 20 per cent year-on-year. Steel, which accounts for 20 per cent of the cost of a building, has increased by 40 per cent. Construction sand is becoming scarce in the Mekong Delta, a major supplier, and buyers wanting large quantities have to wait for a month and often pay more than the originally quoted price. Lê Như Thùy My, director of the Nhân Quốc Ceramic Tiles Company in Đồng Nai Province, said there had been a slight increase in ceramic tile prices due to a rise in packaging costs and the rising electricity, petrol, coal, and transportation costs. The spike in costs is forcing contractors to increase prices or delay work to prevent losses…. Read full this story
- Developer-in-Chief: How the New U.S. President May Affect the Construction Industry
- Ten Tips for Mitigating Risk in Construction Projects
- Michigan Construction Lien Rights Trump Pay When Paid Clause
- Vietnam’s economy sees signs of steady growth
- Economy bolstered through M&A deals
- Sizewell C could be bad news for environment in Suffolk and the UK’s economy
- How You Can Mitigate Construction Disputes with Contractors
- Construction Fraud Costs An Estimated $860 Billion
- Indiana Supreme Court Addresses Lien Claimant’s Right to Recover Attorneys’ Fees upon Bonding Off of Lien
- What Does Brexit Mean for Circular Economy?
Construction material prices recover along with economy post-Covid have 296 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.