He also calls for two sides to collaborate on upholding world peace and stability China and Russia should work together to play a pivotal role in safeguarding international fairness and justice, upholding global peace and stability and promoting common development and prosperity, President Xi Jinping said on Tuesday. Xi, who is also general secretary of the Communist Party of China Central Committee, made the remarks in a congratulatory letter delivered to the ninth meeting of the dialogue mechanism between the ruling parties of China and Russia, which was held via video link. Xi said that today’s world has entered a period of turbulence and transformation due to the fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic as well as profound changes to the international landscape not seen in a century. China and Russia are important players with global influence in the world, and they should intensify comprehensive strategic coordination in the new era, he added. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Good-Neighborliness and Friendly Cooperation between China and Russia. It is also the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the relationship between the CPC and the United Russia party. Xi said that over the two decades,… Read full this story
- Don't judge China with a fossilised mindset
- India, China natural partners in many areas: Sushma
- FM Wang Yi's speech at 56th Munich Security Conference
- China-India: Heightened Tensions Across the Himalayas
- Chinese FM calls for multilateralism at Munich Security Conference
- Transcript of State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi's exclusive interview with Reuters
Xi: China, Russia to deepen cooperation have 252 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at April 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.