Vietnam must look to improve national workplace productivity if it wants to promote its economic competitiveness and growth, according to Chairman of the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) Vu Tien Loc. Loc made the statement at a workshop held by the VCCI and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in Hanoi on April 28, part of activities launched by VCCI to improve workplace productivity at businesses. According to Loc, Vietnam's workplace productivity has improved remarkably in recent years, posting a rise of 5.8 percent each year in the 2016-2020 period and exceeding the target by 0.8 percent. The country's growth model has gradually reduced a dependence on the exploitation of natural resources, raw material exports, low-cost labour, and credit expansion, and begun relying on the application of science, technology, and innovation, he said. According to the International Labour Organisation (ILO), Vietnam's workplace productivity in the 2011-2020 period rose 5.11 percent, 2 percent higher than the average in ASEAN. Its productivity has improved significantly but is still low compared to countries such as China and India, it noted. Kenichi Ohno from the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies of Japan said with the support of international organisations such as… Read full this story
- When Robots Ring the Bell
- An Uncommonly Cohesive Conglomerate
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 1/4
- 15 small-cap stocks to buy now
- Can Tiger Woods Transform His Charitable Foundation Into A Lasting Legacy?
- City of Westminster: Driving innovation and efficiency through effective procurement
- 10 Principles for Leading the Next Industrial Revolution
- 34 successful Australian female execs share their industry advice for female graduates
- 20 Questions for Business Leaders
- Employers in these 3 states just leapt ahead in the talent race
Workplace productivity improvements needed for economic competitiveness: Expert have 273 words, post on dtinews.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.