Illustrative image (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Two COVID-19 vaccines Nano Covax and Covivac , which were studied and developed in Vietnam, have proved to be safe and effective in the first and second clinical trials. A total of 551 volunteers were given the second Nano Covax shots in the second stage, including 280 in Long An and 271 in Hanoi while 66 received the first Covivac shots in the first stage. The remaining nine in Hanoi will be vaccinated this week. Nano Covax trial ahead of schedule According to the Military Medical University, all volunteers receiving two Nano Covax shots in the second stage are in normal conditions. Only some of them suffered slight reactions such as swelling and muscle and joint pain, but the reactions quickly disappeared after resting. At the end of the first clinical trial of Nano Covax , all participants were safe and produced a high concentration of antibodies. The vaccine proved effective on new variants of SARS-CoV-2 like those found in the UK. In the current second stage, the vaccination is expanded to the elderly and those with underlying diseases. As many as 108 senior citizens were inoculated, with the oldest 76 years old…. Read full this story
- Millennials are more sceptical of vaccines because they haven't been 'exposed to the reality of a number of diseases'
- Longer-term data fail to clear concern over Takeda's dengue vaccine
- Deployment of second Ebola vaccine would not be quick fix, experts warn
- First malaria vaccine rolled out in Africa—despite limited efficacy and nagging safety concerns
- Building a better flu vaccine -- one you don't have to get every year
- How Not to Make a Documentary About Vaccines
- Every Single Flu Vaccine Myth, Debunked
- The Anti-Vaccination Movement Is Working with the Nation of Islam to Scare Black Families
- Congo approves use of experimental Ebola vaccine, WHO says
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 1
Vietnam’s two COVID-19 vaccines prove safe during trial have 297 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 7, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.