A 10 million dong bounty has stirred up a shark hunt among local fisherman in the central province of Binh Dinh. To date the large fish, that is yet to be officially identified as a shark, has attacked ten times. Meanwhile fishermen are saying that catching the fish would mean three-time pay off. “If we catch this fish, we will help protect sea-bathers. We will also get money from selling the fish and we’ll earn a bonus from the local government,” said fisherman Pham Ngoc Dung, who is preparing for the hunt and believes he will catch the fish based on his experience. According to the Dung, who is certain that the unidentified fish is a shark, there are many ways to catch sharks using specialized nets and bait. Fisherman Dung said: “I’ve caught sharks for six years. We often go out to sea in the second to the eight months of the lunar year because this is the time mother sharks swim near the shore to give birth. It is quite strange that sharks are appearing at this time”. Fisherman Tran Van Chay who is called Tu Shark by local people for his shark-hunting skills, said: “In 2008 I…
- Endangered Wildlife Alarm Sounds - (No Shark Fin Soup)
- Whale Sharks at Ningaloo Reef
- Shark Attack! Some True Facts
- Whale Shark Festival - 15th - 19th July, Isla Mujeres, Mexico - Preserve the Marine Ecosystem
- Sanibel Island a Fisherman's Delight
- I'm From Alaska
- Hawaii Snorkeling Tips Part III - Reef Etiquette
- Deep Sea Fishing Vacation - Alaska Or Caribbean?
- Night Fishing on Kairiru Island
- Fly Fishing Trips - Isla Holbox For Giant Tarpon
Vietnamese fisherman hunting "ten million dong shark" have 266 words, post on at January 14, 2010. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.