Vietnam’s newly-appointed Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Le Minh Hoan is determined to boost sustainable development in the Mekong Delta, improve the lives of the region's farmers, and market its products under an internationally recognized global brand. In a recent discussion with Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper, Minister Hoan, who was ratified by the National Assembly on April 8, shared that his goal is to create "responsible agriculture" in Vietnam's Mekong Delta. According to Hoan, the expansion of the country's agriculture sector may not be a strong indicator of income growth and quality-of-life improvements for Vietnamese farmers. "Can we truly understand the lives of famers and their financial situations simply by looking at what the agriculture industry has achieved?" Hoan questioned. Sustainable farming During his tenure, Hoan hopes to create a balance between agricultural growth and the quality of life for famers while simultaneously managing the social and environmental impacts of development on farming. In order to do this, his ministry plans to take a holistic approach to improving the agriculture sector, including considering the role of healthcare and environmental protection costs in developing sustainable farming. "The agricultural industry should not be forced to ignore the environment, ecosystem, and public health in… Read full this story
- What would Việt Nam be without the Mekong Delta?
- Vietnam to splash out $15 mln in Mekong Delta drought fight
- Vietnamese PM allocates VND350bn for Mekong Delta to fight drought
- What would Vietnam be without the Mekong Delta?
- Water lilies harvest shot nets Vietnamese lenswoman top int’l prize
- Laos’ thirst for Mekong River dams imperils fishing, farming
- Vĩnh Long to revamp agriculture
- Famous TV host Quyen Linh builds Khmer culture and tourism complex
- Vietnamese women rising to the top
- Young food stylist brings flair to Vietnamese cuisine
Vietnamese agriculture minister dreams of creating world-famous Mekong Delta brand have 300 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at April 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.