Not eligible to give blood, veteran Lê Đình Duật (standing) of Hà Nội’s Thanh Xuân District convince other people including his family members to join blood donation efforts. Photo taken at a blood donation event in 2018. — VNA/VNS Photo Dương Ngọc HÀ NỘI — For the last 22 years, veteran Lê Đình Duật of Hà Nội's Thanh Xuân District has donated blood and encouraged others to give blood. Now, at 79 years old, he is carrying on his good work, seeing it as his way of life now. Born in Thọ Xuân District of the central province of Thanh Hóa, Duật joined the army during American War when he was 18. He witnessed many of his comrades suffering injuries or even death, and some of them died after losing too much blood. Duật said he would never forget the first time he donated blood to injured soldiers he met at Địa Lợi Ferry station in the central province of Hà Tĩnh. "It was a night in May 1966, I headed a team of seven to observe in advance a battlefield area for our artillery. When we were going back to our base, we passed by a medical station," Duật recalled. The head… Read full this story
- Coronavirus survivor Andy Cohen fights for change in blood plasma donation rules for gay men
- Researchers Push for Mass Blood Tests as a Covid-19 Strategy
- 200 Tablighi Jamaat members, who have recovered, pledge to donate plasma
- Hundreds of NHS coronavirus patients are to be treated with the blood plasma of virus survivors as part of trial into the promising therapy at St Thomas' hospital
- Mail Force saves VE Day for heroes: Vital PPE supplies will allow care home staff to hold party for veterans to mark 75th anniversary of victory in Europe
- Daily Mail's VE Day Spitfire flypast will go over Care for Veterans home, NHS hospital and Colonel Tom Moore's house to salute Britain's war heroes
- Blood clots are COVID-19's latest lethal surprise
- Dominic Raab blasts 'irresponsible' Tory donors, MPs and Keir Starmer for demanding the UK government set out how it will lift the coronavirus lockdown as he says ministers must not 'jump the gun' on easing rules
- A forest of thank-yous! School hall is filled with 120,000 birthday cards wishing Captain Tom a happy 100th as veteran asks for gifts to go to coronavirus sufferers
- More $1,200 stimulus checks are on the way. Here are key dates for the next set of payments.
Veteran in Hà Nội sets a blood donation example have 418 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 8, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.