Vietnamese Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy chairs the UNSC’s informal interactive dialogue on April 29 (Photo: VNA) New York (VNA) – Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy , Permanent Representative of Vietnam to the United Nations, chaired the UN Security Council (UNSC)'s informal interactive dialogue on the situation in Libya on April 29. The event, held at the UN headquarters in New York, was also attended by Jan Kubis – Special Envoy of the UN Secretary-General on Libya and head of the UN Support Mission in the country (UNSMIL), UNSMIL Coordinator Raisedon Zenenga, and the permanent representatives of Libya and Chad to the UN. Ambassador Quy welcomed the particularly important strides in Libya in the recent past, the UNSC 's adoption of Resolution 2570 to assist the implementation of the Libyan-led and -owned ceasefire monitoring mechanism, as well as the election process in this North African country. He urged the parties concerned in Libya to fully comply with the ceasefire agreement signed on October 23, 2020 while appealing to the parties both inside and outside Libya to fully adhere to the UNSC's arms embargo on the country. The diplomat emphasised Vietnam's support for the withdrawal of all foreign forces and mercenaries from Libya… Read full this story
- 30 Years of Notre Dame on NBC: Lightning strikes twice in South Florida’s first visit
- Brother, I'm a millionaire! History teacher becomes first winner in 14 years as he scoops ITV quiz jackpot just 12 months after his brother walked away with £500,000 – and he answered all 15 questions in 'record time'
- Boris Johnson finally convenes his Cabinet for its first face-to-face meeting in almost FIVE MONTHS as ministers sit at least one metre apart but do NOT wear face masks as PM warns of 'bumpy months' ahead
- Married At First Sight expert Mel Schilling teases exciting virtual meetings... after it was revealed she will greet 2021 contestants via Zoom
- FDA extends Covid-19 vaccine meeting to allow public input
- Iranian skipper, 37, of migrant boat which capsized killing family of five could face up to ten years in jail after becoming first Channel 'trafficker' to face manslaughter charge
- The Federal Reserve preps for its final meeting before the election
- France announces second national lockdown: Macron says COVID second wave will be 'worse than first' and doing nothing will 'kill 400k people' - but schools stay open under month-long restrictions
- CURFEWS could be next: Ministers plan even tighter restrictions after banning meetings of more than six people from Monday - but Matt Hancock warns workers they should still head back to their desks because 'virus isn't spreading in offices'
- How Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's are running up '£4m a year' security bill: Couple face huge costs for new life ... as they hire 'ex-SAS' guards and take on new chief of staff who worked for Melinda Gates
UNSC convenes second in-person meeting at UN headquarters this year have 456 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 30, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.