Burgener will not attend the ASEAN Summit in Jakarta scheduled for April 24 via a video conference. However, she will hold sideline meetings with ASEAN leaders and discuss the situation in Myanmar, Reuters cited its sources as saying. Earlier on April 17, spokesperson of the Thai Foreign Ministry Tanee Sangrat said leader of the Myanmar army Min Aung Hlaing will attend the summit. During a recent Arria-formula online meeting, Ambassador Dang Dinh Quy, head of the Vietnamese Mission to the UN, stressed that the current top priority is ensuring life, security and safety of all people and unobstructed humanitarian aid for those in need of support, especially vulnerable groups in society. He called on parties concerned in Myanmar to refrain from acts of violence, conduct dialogues and reconciliation according to people's will and aspirations, for the sake of peace and stability in the region. Quy called on the international community to make constructive contributions to help Myanmar prevent violence, promote an environment conducive to dialogue and reconciliation while respecting the country’s principles of independence, national sovereignty, territorial integrity and unity. The ambassador affirmed that Myanmar is a member state of the ASEAN family and the bloc is ready to help… Read full this story
- India’s US envoy meets Dr Fauci, discusses COVID-19 crisis, new strains and variants
- Experts Weigh In on Expanded Myanmar Civil War Prospects Amid ASEAN Plan
- UN calls for return to democracy in Myanmar, end to violence
- Myanmar protesters march three months after coup; UN warns of 'standstill'
- Solution to Myanmar issue can be worked out in “ASEAN way”: military spokesman
- Civil Society Groups Urge UN Arms Embargo on Myanmar
- Asean leaders need to continue addressing Myanmar crisis: Vivian, Hishammuddin
- COAS Bajwa, Chinese envoy discuss matters of mutual interest
- UN fails to agree on Myanmar statement, diplomats blame China, Russia
- Myanmar's economic woes may help persuade junta to end crisis
UN Special Envoy to meet SE Asian officials to discuss Myanmar situation have 306 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.