UKRAINE has warned it could be “provoked” into action as tens of thousands of “battle ready” Russian troops close in on its border. The West also now fears Vladimir Putin's military squeeze on his neighbour may spark an all-out war, which could drag Nato into the conflict. Russian tanks, missile trucks and long-range guns have been filmed heading to Crimea and the border of the disputed Ukrainian region of Donbass. There were also reports Putin’s so-called robot army could soon be deployed to the flashpoint border. Kiev estimates there are now 85,000 Russian troops between six and 25 miles from its frontier and in Crimea. The worrying news comes Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said the UK and the US were “firmly opposed” to Russia’s campaign to destabilise the region. Ukraine's government, led by President Volodymyr Zelensky, has accused Moscow of planning to invade Donbass, which has been occupied by Russian-backed separatists since 2014. And Zelensky has slammed the Kremlin for inciting violence between Ukrainian troops and the pro-Russian rebels in his country. However, Dmitry Kozak, deputy head of Russia's presidential administration, said Kiev’s leaders were like “children playing with matches.” He chillingly added any “military action… would be the beginning… Read full this story
- 'We were so naive and optimistic': Ukraine Euromaidan protesters tell us what's changed for them
- Putin says west is provoking Russia into new cold war as ‘spies’ deported
- Ukrainian Troops Put on High Alert in Anticipation of ‘Potential Aggression’
- Trump Says U.S. Troops Stayed in Syria 'Because I Kept the Oil'
- Ukrainian rebels grow restless amid cracks in alliance with Russia
- Ukraine's President is running against -- Vladimir Putin
- Iran warns Europe as diplomat says officials ‘lied’ on crash
- Is the F-22 Raptor set for a return? Congress asks Air Force to investigate restarting production of stealth fighter amid ongoing problems with F-35 programme
- Ukraine ceasefire aims to pave way for comprehensive settlement of crisis
- The twisted road to war
Ukraine warns it could be ‘provoked’ as Russian troops loom on border amid fears of all-out war have 323 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 11, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.