Associate Professor, Dr. Bùi Hoài Sơn, Director of Việt Nam National Institute of Culture and Arts With increasing religious observance, the potential for scams is rising. Authorities need to step in to help people stay vigilant and avoid being duped. E-newspaper VietnamPlus speaks with Associate Professor, Dr. Bùi Hoài Sơn, Director of Việt Nam National Institute of Culture and Arts, on the problem from a cultural and sociological perspective. How do you evaluate people's religious practices? Social development leads to a number of consequences that make many people feel insecure, anxious and turn to religious beliefs as a consolation. Many individuals and organisations have built spiritual tourist sites, creating spiritual activities to fill that need. In addition, the impact of new media (social networks) in disseminating information, creating online communities to connect religious and spiritual practices, also increases this need. In my own opinion, this practice has both positive and negative consequences. The positive thing is that the spiritual beliefs and practices help people be more determined in their work. From these efforts, society will develop. Practising religion and beliefs also helps people appreciate the values of " chân – thiện – mỹ " (the true, the good and the beautiful), thereby reinforcing the… Read full this story
- Alcohol, superstition take a toll on tribals in Odisha villages
- 'Wiped off the map': tiny Italian villages cower from Covid threat
- Coronavirus could be with us 'forever': Scientist warns of 'horrific' situation if survivors can get re-infected — even though experts believe immunity will make the disease milder in future
- Kim Jong-un’s tearful apology to North Koreans shows he’s terrified angry masses will soon overthrow him, expert says
- The case for taking a midday nap, according to experts
- North Korea’s new missile is world’s biggest mobile ICBM, can reach any US city and would kill 2.5m in secs, expert says
- The power of crowds
- Rebuilding Nimrud will help atone for the sins of the west
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 21
- Is there Life Out There?
Superstition should be wiped out in civilised age: expert have 336 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 19, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.