SABECO is due to hear announcement of the case result this month The representative for SABECO shared with VIR that the company is maintaining its utmost efforts to attempt to solve the issue as well as ensure the customer's rights first and foremost. The company, he said, always complies with the laws of Vietnam and also complies with the court's requirements, while the company understands that it is necessary to rely on consumers to survive. In September 2018, a consumer bought a barrel of Saigon beer bottles – of those, the customer alleges that one bottle was found to have under half of its contents. The consumer kept the bottle to complain to SABECO about the poor quality of the product. In a letter of intention to sue the company, the customer asked a court to force SABECO to compensate for the price of the beer bottle (around 45 US cents) as well as damages to mental health equivalent to 10 months of the minimum wage as regulated by the government for the Ho Chi Minh City area – equal to around $1,700. The customer also asked SABECO to apologise in three consecutive issues of four major newspapers. The consumer… Read full this story
- Government never protected consumers on power hikes
- What is great about Great Britain?
- DTI joins Consumer Welfare Month celebration this October
- Rural banks step up consumer protection
- New UN guidelines put consumer first
- BSP enhances consumer protection focus
- Congress just killed a rule that would have made it easier for consumers to sue banks — here’s why people are so upset
- The power of self-interest
- Consumer groups want Ducut out
- Baguio council press for LPG consumer safety code
SABECO at great pains to ensure protection of consumers’ interests have 272 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at April 7, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.