At the Arria-formula meeting of the UNSC on January 29, the Vietnamese diplomat stressed that education will help children avoid hatred as well as extreme and terrorism thoughts, making contributions to reducing poverty and inequality. Governments of relevant countries should hold the main responsibility and carry out all necessary measures to prevent the recruitment and use of children by armed forces or armed groups, while providing support for them to reintegrate into society. Tra highlighted reintegration programmes should be put at the centre of the efforts to build and prevent conflicts, together with long-term sponsorship mechanisms. She called on the international community to give financial assistance to children's reintegration process in post-conflict societies, underlining Vietnam supports the UN's coordination roles as well as regional organisations' support for post-conflict countries in poverty alleviation, education popularisation and sustainable development. Tra also reaffirmed Vietnam's policies and commitment to promote care, protection and education for children. At the event, Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations Office of Counter Terrorism Vladimir Voronkov voiced his concern over the spiritual health, safety, and comprehensive development of children residing in camps in Northeastern Syria. He said political determination and synchronous strategies play an important role in repatriating children from… Read full this story
- UN backs weakened resolution on violence against women in conflicts
- SERAP drags senior Nigerian officials to ICC ‘for leaving 13.2 million children out of school’
- Africa in 2018: An extraordinary peace blooms amid crises
- Yemen conflict: 5 million children face famine
- 'Conflict of interest' raised over Butler-Sloss role in child abuse inquiry
- Ukraine's New President Breaks With Predecessor and Offers Peace Talks With Vladimir Putin
- FM Qureshi hails Washington's decision to resume Afghan peace talks
- Refugee Children Need Our Help
- Children Of Blood And Bone
- Prince William walks into diplomatic storm on royal visit as Israeli minister slams organisers 'for claiming Jerusalem's Old City is in the Occupied Palestinian Territories'
Peace education important for children in conflict zones: Diplomat have 309 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 10, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.