Camellia Flosculora, a genus of flowering plants in the family Theaceae is found at Bidoup-Núi Bà National Park in the central highlands Lâm Đồng Province by a group of Vietnamese and international scientists and researchers. — Photo courtesy of Bidoup-Núi Bà National Park LÂM ĐỒNG — Four new species of camellia (a genus of flowering plants in the family Theaceae) and Begonia (a genus of perennial flowering plants in the family of Begoniaceae) – have been found in Bidoup-Núi Bà National Park in Lâm Đồng Province by a group of Vietnamese and international scientists and researchers. Dr Lê Văn Hương, director of the park, told Việt Nam News that reports of the new four plants – including two camellia species ( Camellia Flosculora and Camellia bidoupensis ) and two begonia species ( begonia hongiaoensis and begonia lamdongiana ) – have been recently published by Phytotaxa (a botany journal); Brittonia (a peer-reviewed botanical journal) and International Camellia Society . Camellia bidoupensis, a camellia species, is reported as a new species found at Bidoup-Núi Bà National Park. — Photo courtesy of Bidoup-Núi Bà National Park Hương said the discoveries were thanks to the great efforts made by researchers and scientists during field surveys at the park. He said the results… Read full this story
- Humanity ‘creating new species’ including bizarre freak mosquito which lives on the London Underground
- Scientists reveal top 10 most bizarre new species of 2017
- Hundreds of new species discovered in Greater Mekong region
- More than 150 new species found in Greater Mekong region
- New species of dinosaur discovered in Japan
- Giant new species of dinosaur as heavy as 12 elephants
- ‘Native’ New Jersey plants are hard to define
- New giant bird-like dinosaur species discovered in smuggled fossil
- Can 'assisted colonization' help save species in a warming world?
- Australia burns rare plant specimens in customs mishap
New species of plants found in Lâm Đồng Province have 298 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 19, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.