Japan-funded project helps mitigate Covid-19 impacts on Vietnam's vulnerable groups By Minh Tuan Representative of UNFPA in Vietnam Naomi Kitahara and Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Yamada Takio address the launch ceremony of the project "Mitigate Covid-19 impacts on vulnerable populations in Vietnam" – PHOTO: COURTESY OF EMBASSY OF JAPAN HCMC – The Government of Japan is providing more than US$2.8 million to support a project that helps Vietnam mitigate the impacts of Covid-19 on vulnerable populations and ensure national progress in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations. The project, which was jointly launched by the Embassy of Japan and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in Vietnam early this week, will be executed from April 2021 to March 2022 in 14 cities and provinces nationwide—Thai Nguyen, Dien Bien, Lao Cai, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Ha Tinh, Danang, Quang Tri, Quang Nam, Daklak, An Giang, Can Tho, Vinh Long and HCMC. It plans to intervene in four areas–gender-based violence, improvements to elderly care, sexual and reproductive healthcare and support for returning Vietnamese migrants. Addressing the launch ceremony of the project, Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Yamada Takio said, "The Covid-19 pandemic proved the importance of mutual understanding, sharing of… Read full this story
- ‘We Are Koreans’: Diaspora in Japan Looks to Trump-Kim Summit With Hope
- Koreans in Japan Embrace the North as the World Shuns It
- Senators Sharply Question Pentagon on Budget 'Slush Fund'
- Liberal Billionaire Apologizes For Funding Russian Bot ‘False Flag’ — But Questions Remain Unanswered
- Newsom declares wildfire emergency, waives environmental rules to expedite projects
- Trump’s Cuts In Climate-Change Research Spark a Global Scramble For Funds
- U.S. Must Reject The Green Climate Fund And Its Indulgence Scheme
- Is the World Bank Group Above the Law?
- Corte Madera Creek Project: Moving In A New Direction?
- 5 things to know for January 22: Shutdown, Trump Moscow project, Davos, climate
Japan-funded project helps mitigate Covid-19 impacts on Vietnam’s vulnerable groups have 305 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.