Jakarta (VNA) – Indonesian police have recently smashed a drug smuggling ring, seizing 2.5 tonnes of methamphetamine which were being transported to the country from Afghanistan. The haul is estimated to be worth 82 million USD. One suspect was shot dead while 17 others, including a Nigerian, were arrested during a series of police raids in Aceh province and Jakarta capital in recent weeks. Police said that some of the meth had been placed inside food containers and then hidden in boats or lockers on land. The Southeast Asian country has become a key destination and transit point for international drug trafficking . In 2018, Indonesia n police said two separate busts resulted in the seizure of about 3 tonnes of methamphetamine coming from Taiwan (China). This month, 13 members of a trafficking ring, including three Iranians and a Pakistani, were sentenced to death for smuggling 400kg of methamphetamine into Indonesia./. VNA
- Leader of major drug ring sentenced to 30 years in prison
- Leader of drug ring gets 30-year prison sentence
- Watertown police raid home and make major drug bust
- 21 arrested in Maryland drug ring linked to overdoses
- South Jersey men charged after feds bust alleged heroin ring in Trenton
- California drug ring shipped meth to Hawaii disguised as Aztec statues, prosecutors say
- Krasner announces 57 arrests in bust of Kensington-based ‘Alameda’ drug ring
- New Haven woman sentenced to federal prison for crack distribution ring
- What’s the Drug of Choice for Portland’s Homeless?
- 27 charged, cars and cash seized, in South Jersey drug bust
Indonesia busts major drug ring, seizing 2.5 tonnes of meth have 238 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.