‘People ask me from where I get the strength to fight this battle. I really do not know. IMAGE: Raihana with her husband Sidhique Kappan, the journalist imprisoned in Uttar Pradesh. October 5, 2020. The life of a Delhi-based journalist changed forever when he decided to visit a village in Uttar Pradesh where a brutal rape had taken place. The same day, the life of his 37-year-old wife who had till then lived a quiet life taking care of their children also changed dramatically. The life of their three children aged 17, 12 and 8 also was not the same anymore. From then onwards, not a moment passed without the journalist’s 90-year-old mother shedding tears for her son. Sidhique Kappan, the journalist who has been languishing in a crowded jail in UP, is covid positive and not just in a hospital, but chained to the hospital bed, unable to even go to the toilet. It was the last straw for Raihana , Kappan’s wife, who has been running from pillar to post to get her husband released from the clutches of the UP police. A couple of weeks ago, when Shobha Warrier/ Rediff.com spoke to her, Raihanna sounded helpless and… Read full this story
- Syed Noor blames 'Chain Aye Na’s' failure on Indian conspiracy
- Are you addicted to Love Island like most of the country? Take my quiz to test your level of commitment
- Behind the scenes of Disney's Coco shows animators at work - and director reveals filming secrets
- Exploring a Broads nature paradise
- Jim Duffy: Vegans should stop saying meat is murder
- New boss for Peterborough-based agricultural giant
- Dozens of protesters storm Barcelona beach popular with Brits to reclaim it from drunken louts in rally slamming tourism
- What is chlorine-washed chicken and is it banned in the UK?
- 28 absolutely incredible games are coming your way very, very soon
- All the games, news, releases and gossip from Gamescom 2017
'How can you chain a human being like an animal?' have 309 words, post on www.rediff.com at April 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.