Illustrative photo JOURNALIST: – Sir, do you think the USA will return to renegotiate the terms for the CPTPP deal with other countries? Dr. VO DAI LUOC: – The question of whether the USA will return to the CPTPP deal or not is a matter of great concern, not only for countries that are members of the CPTPP but also for other ally countries of America. I think that although the US President Joe Biden wants to rejoin the CPTPP right now, there is also an overwhelming leaning towards multilateral Free Trade Agreements (FTAs). So in the short term, the US may not be able to renegotiate to rejoin the CPTPP. The reason is that the more Free Trade Agreements develop, the less are the chances of the US once again rejoining the CPTPP. For instance, at present many countries are benefiting much more from FTAs because of more capital flow, and better markets, labor, and technology. However, voters in developed countries, like the US, believe that they are at a disadvantage because large corporations will lean towards the developing countries to take advantage of cheaper labor, growing markets, and preferential tax policies. Former President Donald Trump launched the concept of… Read full this story
- Turnbull pushes Trans-Pacific Partnership with Canada
- Trans-Pacific Partnership moving ahead without US
- Trump dumping Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Next Chinese sectors targeted by Trump tariffs could be tech and telco
- TPP should be ratified in Australia: Treaties Committee
- Trump's Election Is A Shock To The Auto Industry, But Maybe It Shouldn't Have Been
Concerns over renegotiation of Trans Pacific Partnership have 249 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at April 19, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.