* Indian government ministers and officials were following Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s lead by opting for an Indian-made vaccine instead of the AstraZeneca one. * Thailand may celebrate its traditional new year Songkran as usual around mid-April, Culture Minister Itthiphol Khunpluem said Wednesday. * China’s annual coal output will stand at no higher than 4.1 billion tonnes by the end of the 14th Five-Year Plan period (2021-2025), after it climbed 1.4 percent year on year to 3.9 billion tonnes in 2020, said a report issued by the China National Coal Association on Wednesday. * President Joe Biden said on Tuesday the United States would have enough COVID-19 vaccine for every American adult by the end of May. * The European Union aims to increase the region’s COVID-19 vaccine production capacity to 2-3 billion doses per year by the end of 2021, Industry Commissioner Thierry Breton was quoted as saying. * German Chancellor Angela Merkel was expected on Wednesday to agree a gradual relaxation of curbs with regional leaders, but the rules can be tightened again if infections jump. * Australia will seek the support of the defence forces in its immunisation drive, as it looks to ramp up a vaccination… Read full this story
- Israel's election – the Guardian briefing
- Spain attacks: thousands march through Barcelona in show of defiance
- Tuesday briefing: New order as Lindsay Hoyle is elected Speaker
- Gay rights around the world: the best and worst countries for equality
- China threatens human rights group linked to detained feminists
- Catalan separatists march for independence amid splits on tactics
- Enemy of the state
- Islamic State leader in Libya 'killed in US airstrike'
- China's Nepalese friendship road leads to the heart of India's market
- George Psychoundakis
World News in Brief: March 3 have 267 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.