AFGHANISTAN V ZIMBABWE IN UAE, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet Williams was unbeaten on 97 at lunch. © Getty Sean Williams led from the front with an unbeaten 97 to power Zimbabwe to a position of strength in the first Test of the two-match series against Afghanistan in Abu Dhabi. Zimbabwe were 237 for 8, in front by 106 at Lunch on Day 2 . The visitors, who began the day at 133 for 5, lost Ryan Burl early when he was dismissed LBW by Ibrahim Zadran. Regis Chakabva, who replaced Burl at the crease, played with positive intent and put paid to Afghanistan’s hopes of making a comeback. The wicketkeeper-batsman essayed sweeps, sprinkled with the occasional pull and loft to keep the scorecard ticking over. Williams too employed the pull alongside a few drives, as the duo stitched a key stand of 75 for the seventh wicket. Just when it seemed as if Zimbabwe would end the session without losing another wicket, Zahir Khan dismissed Chakabva with the googly. Zahir also accounted for the scalp of Donald Tiripano, with Zimbabwe losing their eighth wicket. Williams, however, took the side to the break without any further… Read full this story
- Dido Harding says UK coronavirus testing system is in one of the 'leading positions worldwide' to track new Covid variants – and admits she fears the pandemic will still 'certainly' throw up unpredicted problems in the future
- The Queen reigns supreme: Monarch is most popular Royal in UK poll with Prince William and Kate Middleton second and third favourites - as Harry and Meghan's popularity plummets
- Prince William 'strongly' condemns the 'horrendous' attack that killed six Virunga park rangers in an ambush on Africa's oldest national park - and says they should be 'honoured not attacked'
- Western Purchase and Sale of Zimbabwe's Diamonds Funds Internal Repression - NGO
- Tanks Pour Into Zimbabwe Capital After Military Chief Threatens to ‘Step In’
- No. 7 Michigan uses strong defense to rout Purdue 70-53
- Capela, Hunter propel Hawks past Timberwolves; MLK honored
- Ex-Corrie star's mum arrested after trying to remove gran, 97, from care home
- Tennis stars REVOLT against 'privileged' players Naomi Osaka, Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams quarantining in style while others are trapped in hotel rooms - as one picture sparks anger
- Andrew Yang’s Supporters Are Still Going Strong Despite The End Of His 2020 Bid
Williams 97 propels Zimbabwe to strong position have 376 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.