A man from the southern Vietnamese province of Dong Nai has been following his passion of making Nguyen Dynasty (1802 – 1945) royal costumes and accessories. Tran Quang Minh Tan, a sociology graduate, started researching the Nguyen Dynasty royal garments in 2013, seven years before he decided to switch his career to this path in 2020. He moved from Bien Hoa City in Dong Nai to Hue City — Vietnam's former imperial capital — for the convenience of his new endeavor. Tan said what made him come to this decision was the comeback of antique costumes, jewelry, and accessories amongst the Vietnamese youth. "I find that our ancestors’ clothes are very delicate and elegant,” said Tan. “I hope the costume revival will become more popular." Tran Quang Minh Tan makes buttons for Nguyen Dynasty clothing. The items Tan is making are mainly jewelry, including earrings, metal pendants, orders of merit, permit card pendants, and accessories for ‘ao dai ngu than’ ('five-piece ao dai'). Each product requires meticulous precision from the maker all the way from the process of researching documents and ancient artifacts to finding materials to resemble the original. According to Tan, despite young Vietnamese people's interest in ancient costumes,… Read full this story
- Vietnamese refugees fear deportation as Trump Administration discusses new deal with Vietnam
- Eli and Peyton Manning’s nephew is already making waves
- WATCH: Roman Reigns Makes First Public Appearance Since Leukemia Announcement, Returns to Georgia Tech
- Becoming Scrooge: One man’s 48-year journey to star as the miser in HCT's 'A Christmas Carol'
- Research Rochester: Hoang’s psychology research connects to her Vietnamese roots
- Inside Westminster’s La Quinta High School, the nation’s most Vietnamese American high school
- New Orleans' Vietnamese community reacts to Trump’s proposed immigrant policy change
- Vietnamese Blogger Mother Mushroom Tells Activists 'You Are Not Alone'
- Vietnamese star selling art to keep house
- Russia's state-run TV mistakes man for robot
Vietnamese man pursues career of making Nguyen Dynasty costumes have 312 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.