After topping group H in the elimination round, the 46-year-old did not have to face any strong contenders in round-16. As a result, he faced Oh, who had finished second in group D. The Vietnamese cueist, ranked 9th by Professional Billiards Association (PBA), defeated his South Korean rival (4th) with a score of 3-1 (15/6, 15/3, 13/15 and 15/7) in the knockout round Wednesday. A screenshot of the live-stream match between Ma Minh Cam and Oh Seong Uk. Photo courtesy of Billiard Vietnam. Cam will take on the winner of the match between David Zapata (28th) and Han Dong Won (32th) in the next round. He is the only Vietnamese competing in the championship, which will run until March 6. Cam has been in Korea since last July, playing in a series of events. The tournament in South Korea boasts the biggest prize money ever offered in the history of pool, with the winner walking home 300 million won (over $267,000) out of the prize pool of 400 million won.
- Vietnamese cueists take part in Antalya World Cup
- Para-snooker world championship in cross hairs of local cueist
- World Championship In Pakistan Unauthorised Event, Says World Kabaddi Federation
- Indiana college softball team pulls off stunning hidden-ball trick to advance to World Series
- Vietnam's top cueists target World Cup glory in Turkey
- Vietnamese expatriates in Russia’s football championship launched
- Kelsey-Lee Barber wins javelin gold with huge final throw in Doha
- AFC Cup 2020: Vietnamese striker among players to keep an eye on
- Nikhat Zareen upsets two-time world champion to enter semi-finals of Asian Boxing Championships 2019
- MC Mary Kom, Lovlina Borgohain Shine on Mixed Day for India in World Boxing Championships
Vietnamese cueist advances to PBA World Championship quarter-finals have 262 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.