The Institute of Vaccines and Medical Biologicals (IVAC) on Friday started recruiting volunteers for the initial phase of clinical trials for the second Made-in-Vietnam Covid-19 vaccine known as Covivac. Illustrative photo by VNA According to IVAC, they will select 150 volunteers aged between 18 and 59 for the first phase of human trials, in which they will be injected with two 0.5 ml doses of the vaccine 28 days apart. Volunteers will remain at the clinical trial area for a period of 24 hours after receiving their shots in order to allow them to be under strict health observations by the research team. The aim of the first phase is to evaluate the safety of the doses, along with the patient's immune response to the vaccine, thereby identifying the optimal level of the doses so trials can move on to the second phase. Through pre-clinical assessments carried out in India, the United States, and Vietnam, the locally-produced Covivac vaccine has recorded a strong immunological effect on laboratory animals and has so far proved to be safe. IVAC’s director, Duong Huu Thai said the research project on the vaccine has been running since May, 2020, with the co-operation of scientists from… Read full this story
- World First - Celiac Disease Vaccine Trialled in Australia on April 2009 - Exciting News!
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- Middlesex-London Health Unit, Ontario Medical Association stress importance of vaccinations
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- Edited Transcript of GWPH.O earnings conference call or presentation 6-Aug-19 8:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of PLNT earnings conference call or presentation 6-Aug-19 8:30pm GMT
- Safety and Security Protecting Your Interests
Vietnam recruits volunteers for human trials of second Covid-19 vaccine have 275 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.