Illustrative image (Photo: VNA) HCM City (VNA) – The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) has urged localities to adopt drastic measures to fight irregular, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing. All Vietnamese fishermen, businesses, and local authorities must consider this an important and urgent task to affirm the prestige of Vietnam's fisheries sector in the world and among countries it shares territorial waters with, and be resolved to meet the standards set by the European Commission (EC). Since the EC gave a "yellow card" warning to Vietnam's fisheries and seafood in the European market in October 2017, the entire sector has suffered marked losses. Tran Dinh Luan, head of the ministry's Directorate of Fisheries, said it is necessary to prevent, deter, and eliminate IUU fishing in order to remove the "yellow card" warning, develop fisheries responsibly, and integrate into the world. This is also the guideline of the Party and State, as reflected through the Law on Fisheries. Since the imposition of the EC warning, Vietnam's fishery export value to Europe has fallen by between 6 and 10 percent annually. From being the second-largest importer of Vietnam's seafood, with value representing 17-20 percent of Vietnam's total export revenue, the… Read full this story
- CNN Panel Gets Heated Over Trump Tax Return Fight: ‘Classic Fishing Expedition’
- (LEAD) N. Korea's myth-making approach shows signs of change under young leader: experts | Yonhap News Agency
- How shadowy tax havens skirt conservation efforts
- Vietnam’s Empty Forests
- The CIA Predicted Disaster in Vietnam. Why Did No One Listen?
- Where to eat, sleep and watch sunsets on Vietnam's Phu Quoc Island
- 5 reasons Vietnam was selected to host Trump’s second North Korea summit
- Vietnam, Through the Eyes of Artists
- Vietnam's history holds lessons for Trump and Kim ahead of summit, PM says
- Partnership wants to give candy darter a fighting chance
Vietnam making every effort to fight IUU fishing have 312 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.