Doctors perform the heart transplant surgery on the youngest patient in Việt Nam. — VNA/VNS Photo HÀ NỘI — Seven-year-old L.X.H, the youngest-ever heart transplant recipient in Việt Nam, has been discharged from hospital, according to the Hà Nội-based Việt Đức Hospital. Before the surgery, the child, weighing only 16kg, suffered from dilated cardiomyopathy and end-stage heart failure. The patient received the heart from a 19-year-old brain-dead donor, with the surgery conducted on February 1. The child's mother thanked the family of the donor who, she said, has given her child a new life, and the dedication of doctors and nurses of the hospital. This is the fifth heart transplant performed on a child at the hospital. Việt Đức has performed five lung, 36 heart, 92 liver, and nearly 1,100 kidney transplants in total so far. It is the leading centre nationwide for collecting and transplanting organs. All patients are healthy and have returned home. In March 2017, a 10-year-old boy in Hà Nội became the youngest heart transplant patient at that time. After getting the heart from a brain-dead donor, he was discharged successfully. — VNS
- Will Machines Be Able to Tell When Patients Are About to Die?
- UBC Researchers Develop New Heart Valve Aimed at High-Risk Patients
- Scientists Create First-Ever 3D Printed Heart
- Cleveland Clinic performs first 'purely' laparoscopic living donor surgery for liver transplant
- Researchers Discover First Treatment to Improve Survival in Rare Heart Condition
- Blood Thinner Found to Significantly Reduce Subsequent Heart Failure Risks
- Woman Develops Donor's Peanut Allergy After Lung Transplant
- A Stranger's Heart
- Heart Failure Therapy Improves Outcomes for Patients with Acute Illness
- ‘Miracle Baby’ Born Weighing One Pound Discharged from Hospital
Việt Nam’s youngest heart transplant patient discharged from hospital have 275 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.