Vaccine trials in Vietnam are making steady progress. Photo: Dat Dat New hopes for the population came on February 24 when the first batch of nearly 118,000 doses of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine arrived at Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City. Deputy Minister of Health Truong Quoc Cuong said, "The vaccine arrives timely for the country's fight against the pandemic. While Vietnam has strived to control the virus spread, community vaccination plays an important role to achieve the dual goals of fighting against epidemics and developing the economy." The vaccine has been shown to be effective at preventing symptomatic COVID-19, and has been granted conditional marketing authorisation or emergency use approval in more than 50 countries, with the World Health Organization Emergency Use Listing accelerating the pathway to access in up to 145 countries through the COVAX Facility, the global procurement arm of COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access. The Ministry of Health (MoH) is now moving to increase further import of vaccines from other suppliers in line with the government directions, while making preparations to quicken inoculations in order of importance with the 11 priority groups of people to receive the COVID-19 vaccination already announced. According to Minister… Read full this story
- SoftBank seeks to avoid WeWork's liabilities with new investment: sources
- SoftBank seeks to avoid WeWork's liabilities with new investment -sources
- AGR judgement to pave way for a two-telco market with Vodafone Idea survival at stake
- LISA Pathfinder set to launch, paving way for discovery of gravity's secrets
- Paving way for a two-telco market
- Ukraine's Reizlin paves way for Tokyo Olympics with military games' win in epee
- Intel Releases 7-Series Chipsets, Paves Way for Ivy Bridge
- Nanotech to pave way for micro-machines
- Florida paves way for VoIP taxation
- Will Yahoo CEO move pave way for Microhoo?
Vaccines pave way for new investment have 291 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.