Forests in Gia Lai Province's Mang Yang District. — VNA/VNS Photo Hồng Điệp HCM CITY — Local authorities in the Tây Nguyên (Central Highlands) region have taken measures to prevent forest fires in the ongoing dry season. Forests in the region, which includes the provinces Lâm Đồng, Đắk Lắk, Gia Lai, Kon Tum and Đắk Nông, face a high fire risk because of hot weather. At the beginning of the dry season, the provinces instructed localities to establish fire-prevention plans and strictly implement them in the dry season. In Đắk Nông Province, the Forest Protection Sub-department in September instructed localities and forest owners to set up prevention plans. The sub-department has organised forest fire prevention drills and more inspections. Đắk Nông has 125,000ha of forests, including 78,300ha of natural forest and 46,700ha of manmade forests in danger of high fire risk, according to the province's Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. In the dry season, which lasts between November and April, local farmers clear their fields by burning, which can cause fires to break out in forests near the fields. Lê Quang Dần, deputy director of the department, said the province's forests have a thick layer of vegetation covering the ground and many forests are pine and bamboo forests, which easily catch… Read full this story
- The crafty lure of Tay Ninh
- Bac Giang encouraging production forest development
- Chernobyl: US Forest Service helps reduce wildfire risk in contaminated zone
- Borders are under strict control to prevent spread of COVID-19
- Thunderstorms hit Britain after roads MELTED, reservoirs dried up and parts of London 'ran out of water' as temperatures soared to 92F on the hottest day of the year
- Fires in Pantanal, world's largest tropical wetlands, 'triple' in 2020
- Five rules of hair care for the rainy season
- Florida Lobster Mini-Season Begins At Midnight, But Many Marinas Will Be Closed
- Florida Lobster Mini-Season Underway
- Senior doctors urge Britons to wear face masks and stick to social distancing to prevent a second wave of coronavirus that could 'devastate' the NHS this winter 'and cause even more suffering than the first'
Tây Nguyên takes measures to prevent forest fires in dry season have 355 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.