System error hinders recovery of main index The Saigon Times An electronic stock quotation board shows local stock prices at a brokerage firm in HCMC. The benchmark VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange closed in negative territory today, March 4 – PHOTO: THANH HOA HCMC – The benchmark VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange closed in negative territory today, March 4, as order placing activities were slowed down due to a system error which has recently occurred on the bourse, especially in the afternoon. With the number of decliners nearly quadrupling that of advancers at 362 to 95, the main index lost 18.43 points, or 1.55% against the previous session at 1,168.52. Turnover on the HCMC market improved over 6% in volume and 10% in value over the session earlier at more than 670 million shares and some VND16.8 trillion. Block deals contributed around VND1.5 trillion to the total value. In the VN30 basket, financial stocks deeply declined, with financial service provider TCH, brokerage SSI, lenders TPB, STB, TCB, MBB plunging 3-4.2%. Besides this, insurer BVH, consumer goods producer MSN, tech firm FPT, lender BID, retailer VRE dropped 2.1-2.8%, while lender VCB, housing developer VHM, steelmaker HPG and some others… Read full this story
- Main index bounces back slightly
- Big caps save VN-Index from steep fall
- China factory activity rises but analysts warn of 'fragile recovery'
- Vietnam economic recovery firms up in September: WB
- Asian markets rise on recovery hopes
- CBN’s policies hinges on sustained GDP recovery
- Services PMI on recovery path
- The pandemic recovery needs to be measured in well-being—not just GDP
- Bank stocks perform poorly, VN-Index ends winning streak
- China's consumer price index up 0.4% in March
System error hinders recovery of main index have 259 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.