Singapore ‘s Minister for Defence Ng Eng Hen (left) and US Secretary of Defence Lloyd Austin. (Photo: Ng Eng Hen/Facebook) Singapore (VNA) – Singaporean Minister for Defence Ng Eng Hen has held phone talks with US Secretary of Defence Lloyd A us tin, during which they reaffirmed strong bilateral defence ties between the two countries and their desire to further deepen the relations. In his Facebook post on March 3, Ng Eng Hen said that during their phone talks, the two sides discussed security challenges in the region, including the persistent threat of terrorism. The minister said that he looks forward to working closely with Austin to ensure that the region continues to enjoy stability, peace and progress. The phone talks was a meeting of minds, shared perspectives and values on the foundations of stability and progress – the rule of law, peaceful settlement of disputes, multilateral cooperation and mutual benefits, according to the Singaporean minister. Meanwhile, in a statement on March 4, the US Department of Defence said the two ministers reaffirmed their mutual commitment to the US-Singapore bilateral defence relationship. Austin also expressed appreciation for the regional access that Singapore provides to US forces, and both leaders expressed interest… Read full this story
- Mind And Heart: For boost in India-Vietnam economic ties, the two must go beyond strategic imperatives
- Two To Tango: Boosting bilateral India-Japan defence cooperation a step in the right direction
- PM arrives in Saudi Arabia; to attend key economic forum, hold bilateral talks with King Salman
- Two plus two tango: Despite President Trump’s hollering, US-India ties have actually thrived on his watch
- Vietnam values ties with Cuba: Minister
- Stronger Indo-Japan ties are crucial to balance Chinese ambition of dominating Asia
- Why did Modi not receive Justin Trudeau himself with his customary hug?
- Comcasa is signed: India success gives US traction for Asia strategy, which must be scaled up to meet Chinese ambition
- Find that fit: 2+2 Dialogue with the US must make the most of aligned interests
- Pakistan and Russia: From Cold War foes to budding allies?
Singapore, US reaffirm bilateral defence ties have 331 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.