When pondering investment in Southeast Asia, labour wages sit alongside political stability as key factors. Photo: Le Toan While it may sometimes feel that the coronavirus pandemic is the only headline news on a global level these days, other serious issues are beginning to garner more notice as countries try to fight their way out of the health crisis. Of interest to some businesspeople and enterprises with activities or potential development plans in 2021 is the ongoing unrest in Asia – in particular, in destinations such as Thailand, Myanmar, and Cambodia, along with newly-enacted changes in the likes of Hong Kong last year. Experts are now beginning to pore over available data and ponder whether some nations and territories will see an exodus of investors, especially big multinationals – and if so, seek to predict where they will go. On the other side of the coin, as these markets face uncertainty, others are attempting to either open up to more investment or proclaim that finances are already on the right track after emerging from the global health crisis – adding to signs that funding shifts are taking place for a new era. Nikkei Asia reported on March 11 that the… Read full this story
- Dow tumbles more than 200 points on rising Iran tensions
- White-bearded 'Merry Christmas' bank robber throws cash at passers-by
- Japan's Nikkei is ending the year as one of the region's best performing indexes
- 500 electric cabs to hit Delhi roads this month to combat air pollution
- China backed efforts to defuse Indo-Pak tensions post-Pulwama attack: Wang
- Expect lower returns in India, invest abroad selectively: Sunil Singhania
- Iran and 'free nations of region' to avenge general's killing: Rouhani
- Pakistan expresses 'deep concern' over escalating US-Iran tensions
- Qasem Soleimani: US kills top Iranian general in Baghdad air strike
- Breathless in Bakersfield: is the worst air pollution in the US about to get worse?
Regional tensions throwing investing trajectory up in air have 300 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 25, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.