The detection and settlement of wildlife crimes in Vietnam have recoded strides over the last five years, according to Deputy Director of the Education for Nature Vietnam (ENV) Bui Thi Ha. Rescued bears kept in a semi-natural habitat (Photo: VNA) Talking to the Vietnam News Agency ahead of the World Wildlife Day (March 3), Ha highly valued many organisations' assistance for authorities in monitoring violations. However, she noted, there remain a number of challenges to the fight against wildlife crimes. The discovery of infringements and seizure of prohibited goods are initial successes, but they are only useful when helping with the investigation into trafficking rings and ringleaders, she said. Ha pointed out that although the legal system on the conservation and sustainable development of wild animals has been gradually completed, wildlife-related violations remain complex in some localities, posing higher extinction risks to many wild species in the nature and negatively affecting ecological balance, human health, and Vietnam's prestige in the world. In 2020, ENV recorded 2,907 wildlife-related violation cases, almost doubling the figure in 2019. Among them, there were 1,956 advertising cases, 863 caging cases, and 98 transportation ones. Monkeys, bears, tigers, elephants, and pangolins are among the species involved… Read full this story
- Charlotte man's Corvette was set on fire. He thinks it might have been a hate crime.
- His Corvette was set on fire. He thinks it might have been a hate crime.
- Patoka Fish and Wildlife Area offers something for everyone
- Inside the eerie woods where dead animals have been found
- Police, parks and wildlife relocate aggressive alligator in Atascocita
- ARRESTED: Man accused of lighting home on fire with two people inside
- Mozambique: Nyusi Urges Protection of Wildlife
- Ras Baraka talks race, politics, and Newark's progress
- A White Man in a Truck Mowed Down a Young Native American Man. Was It a Hate Crime?
- Nigeria, others lose $3.5b to cyber crime
Progress seen in settlement of wildlife crimes: insider have 304 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.