A design of the proposed HCM City-Cần Thơ express rail route. Photo courtesy of the Southern Institute for Science and Technology HCM CITY — The Ministry of Transport has instructed the Railway Project Management Board to do a pre-feasibility study for the high-speed HCMC-Cần Thơ railway by 2022. Recently the Southern Institute of Science and Technology (PNSTI), which is in charge of the project, submitted to the HCM City People's Committee and the Ministry of Transport recommendations for the project after seven years of studies. It will run along the HCM City-Trung Lương and Trung Lương-Mỹ Thuận expressways instead of passing through crowded residential areas and industrial parks to reduce the difficulties related to acquiring lands and cost. The route will be 140km long, start at Tân Kiên Station in HCM City, pass through the provinces of Long An, Tiền Giang and Vĩnh Long and end at Cái Răng Station in Cần Thơ City. It will have nine stations. Passenger trains will run at 200km per hour and freight trains at 120km. It will enable people to travel between Cần Thơ and HCM City in just 45 minutes while it takes three hours by road now. It will reduce the cost of transporting goods from… Read full this story
- No, Gov. Gavin Newsom didn’t kill high-speed rail. But what’s his Plan B?
- Committee concerned over feasibility of 58 billion USD high-speed railway plan
- Level of Detail Adequate in California High Speed Rail Authority’s Program EIR for Central Valley to Bay Area Rail Corridor
- High speed rail project gains support of Italian Prime Minister
- California Governor Pulls Plug on LA-SF High-Speed Train
- Why is half of San Jose City Council in Japan on taxpayers’ dime?
- Gov. Newsom taps Mayor Steinberg to lead new California commission on homeless
- The Latest: California Gov. says he's committed to rail line
- Italian government defuses row over rail link, halts tenders
- Hong Kong Media Blasts Government for ‘Sneaky’ Opening of Rail Station Under Chinese Law
Pre-feasibility study for HCM City – Cần Thơ high-speed rail commissioned have 336 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.