Official data showed that the expenditure on the country’s health system increased by 11.3 percent in January 2021 compared to the same period last year, with most of it being paid for professionals and medical equipment. The Ministry of Health has reported having contracted 981 hospital beds by the end of January this year, with 745 beds from the private and social sectors and 236 from the Armed Forces. The number of ventilators for the treatment of COVID-19 patients has almost doubled, now totaling 2,216 pieces of equipment available through the health system. Beds in intensive care units more than tripled, rising from 431 beds in January 2020 to 1,411 on Feb. 10 this year. According to the latest data from the Directorate-General for Health, Portugal currently has 861,922 people vaccinated against the coronavirus: 596,812 with the first dose and 265,110 with the second dose. Portugal’s confirmed COVID-19 cases stood now at 804,562. As the world is struggling to contain the pandemic, vaccination is underway in some countries with the already-authorized coronavirus vaccines. Meanwhile, 255 candidate vaccines are still being developed worldwide — 73 of them in clinical trials — in countries including Germany, China, Russia, Britain, and the United… Read full this story
- MH ‘wants to fight for titles’
- Quiros has the power to master Vilamoura;PORTUGAL MASTERS
- Magic Johnson still beating HIV 20 years later
- Column: What have we learned so far at Euro 2012?
- England ‘humiliated’ by 2018 failure
- Mourinho: PL stronger than ever
- Hammers’ Negredo bid rejected
- Blades react to Arnold claims
- Ronaldo: Lyon tie is do-or-die
- No surprises in Spain: it’s Madrid vs. Barca again
Portugal spends EUR915.9 mln on fighting against pandemic have 245 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.