0 This post was contributed by a community member. The views expressed here are the author’s own. Community Corner Paying Tribute to All Women with Love, Conscience, and a Culture of Peace Effie Chen Posted | Updated Reply To celebrate the tremendous contributions and achievements of women and girls around the world, FOWPAL hosted a virtual event in celebration of International Women's Day on March 8, 2021. Five distinguished women and a gentleman, Hugues Sanon, UN representative of COJEP International, joined a panel discussion on gender equality UN Secretary-General António Guterres sent in a special message to honor this important day, emphasizing, "Pandemic recovery is our chance to leave behind generations of exclusion and inequalities." Dr. Hong, Tao-Tze, president of FOWPAL, said, "Conscience gives us the courage to pursue, speak out, and take action for fairness and equality. We have to let our conscience lead us to respect everyone, regardless of gender." Former President of Trinidad and Tobago Anthony Thomas Aquinas Carmona and former First Lady of Trinidad and Tobago Reema Harrysingh-Carmona shared their insights on the issue of gender equality. Dr. Mary Shuttleworth, president of Youth for Human Rights International in the U.S., said, "Long-term plans, expansions, and dreams… Read full this story
- Women’s Day celebrations held online
- Daughter’s Day 2020: Here’s What You Can Do For Your Princess
- The female problem: how male bias in medical trials ruined women's health
- Victory for pregnant women in France as leaked government document reveals mothers will no longer be made to wear face masks during labour - after campaigners reported feeling 'suffocated'
- International Day Of The Girl Child 2020: Things You can Say To Empower Your Daughter
- When is Remembrance Day 2020 and will Covid rules affect events?
- Soldier who sparked outrage with Extinction Rebellion protest on the Cenotaph calls Remembrance Day services at the memorial a 'little ritual'
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Lady Gaga criticizes Trump over remarks about women
- Law enforcement braces for unrest after Election Day
- The Hill's Morning Report - Sponsored by Facebook - Election Day has arrived
Observance of International Women's Day have 339 words, post on patch.com at March 15, 2021. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.